Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Cute video--and it says it all.

So why do I love my mom?
I love my mom because more than anything, she is my best friend. Even though sometimes we argue,(I get frustrated with her, and no doubt she gets frustrated with me) I know in the end she will always be there to love and support me. We always resolve everything because we are too important to each other to have it be ruined by something so small. She has a good sense of humour, even though her crazy side only comes out once in a while. She loves her family with everything that she has and she puts everything into making sure we are looked after. My mom is a busy lady, and yet she still makes time for those who matter most, and will always get us to where we need to be. I remember her driving me into school every day after we moved because I wanted to finish out my year there and it took almost an hour each way. She would walk me over to my piano lessons when I was younger because I was too scared to go alone and it was only a block away. Then she would sit outside of the room and listen to me play for an hour. She tells me she is proud of me all the time, and that to me means more than anything. She cries when I come home for the holidays, and cries again when I go to leave--and I always make fun of her for it but I love that she does it. She pushes me to succeed and do more, but she also brings me back and tells me when I need to take breaks. She is genuinely excited about the same things I get excited about, which makes me feel extremely happy. She has taught me how to be a respectful woman who never takes anything for granted. She showed me that whatever you put into the world you get in return. She is an example for me because she has made a lot of mistakes, is always honest about them, and tries to improve upon those mistakes--that to me is perfection.

All in all, and I know everyone feels this way about their moms, but I truly do have a fantastic mom. I couldn't ask for anyone better to bring me into this world, and no one else could have raised me the way my mom did.

I love you mom <3 --Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment