Sunday 15 May 2011

Nope.

No thunderstorm today! blahblahblah. Hopefully soon? Pleeeeaasssseee?

But on another note--I decided today that I really like my tiny stick legs. I will, from this day forward, embrace them. Yep world, be prepared to see a lot more of them. What made me change my mind? Funny story. To be honest I was just staring at myself in the mirror. Am I satisfied with everything? No, of course not. BUT, I really liked what I saw today despite being in tights and an oversized sweater. And then I stood on my toes and was looking at my legs and they looked good :) Because of all the walking I do I have been getting back some calf muscles. So the moral of the story is--because of my increased self-confidence my little legs will see the light more often haha.
Not saying I have ever had any body issues but I don't like thinking that people are looking at my body in either a disgusted/jealous/envious way. It just seems strange when you can tell what people are thinking. And for a while that bothered me so I would always try and cover myself up and wear loose things so that I wouldn't get that reaction of 'you're so skinny'. I kind of came out of that throughout high school, but even in college I know there are still some really judgmental people and while I don't necessarily care what they think, I just don't want to have to deal with it. Today changed a bit of that--not sure what it is--but all I have to say is if they don't like what they see then that is their problem!

Probably summer excitement making me feel this way--Bree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment